The funding of this project is financed in part through a grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Community Development Administration, and the Missouri Department of Transportation. Also funded in part by the St. Louis Area Agency on Aging through a federal grant by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, under the provision of Title III, Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended, and/or funding of the Social Services Block Grant (Title XX of the Social Security Act), the community Development Block Grant, and/or funding from the State of Missouri.
East: Gravois between Loughborough & Holly Hills; Leona between Holly Hills & Wilmington; Ulena/Gustine between Wilmington & Chippewa.
South:Wilmington between Ulena/Coronado & Leona: Holly Hills between Leona & Gravois; Loughborough between Gravois & City Limits.
West: City Limits between Loughborough & Chippewa.
North/Northwest: Chippewa between Gustine & City Limits.
1. Home-bound as a result of physical or mental disabilities.
2. Seniors at least 60 years of age, or the spouse of a home-bound senior.
3. Disabled persons 18-59 years of age.
4. St. Louis City resident.
1. Someone must be home to receive your meal. Meals cannot be left unattended.
2. We place your order with our caterer by 1:00 pm. If you must cancel your meal please call us BEFORE 1:00 pm.
3. There is an expected contribution of $2.50 per meal, $12.50 per week to help offset our program expenses.
1 When inclement weather requires the closure of our office, we will call you to make sure you are comfortable and to remind you to use the emergency meals provided.
2. Upon delivery our staff will perform a visual assessment of your physical condition.
3. All holiday meals are delivered in a decorated meal bag, hand decorated for you by students of St. John the Baptist Grade School.
4. "Happy Birthday" flyers on your special day.
1. Call SLAAA (St. Louis Area Agency on Aging) at (314) 612-5918.
2. A representative will answer and ask you a series of questions, or leave a message and someone will call you back.
3. If you are approved, a member of our staff will call and let you know when your meal delivery will begin.
*You will never be denied services due to an inability to contribute
1. A hot lunch delivered to your front door Monday thru Friday, Thanksgiving and Christmas day.
2. Deliver time is between 10:30 am and 12:30 pm.
3. A friendly smile and a quick chat from a person who has been screened for elder abuse, sexual abuse, and has undergone a criminal background check.
4. Three emergency meals are delivered periodically for use when inclement weather prohibits delivery of your regular meal.
5. Persons identified as being at "nutritional risk" are seen by a registered dietitian, and receive a complete nutritional assessment and counseling.
6. Nutrition education information provided by the SLAAA (St. Louis Area on Aging) dietitian.