You will never be denied services due to an inability to contribute
This project is funded in part through a grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Community Development Administration, and the Missouri Department of Transportation. Also funded in part by the St. Louis Area Agency on Aging through a federal grant by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, under the provision of Title III, Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended, and/or funding of the Social Services Block Grant (Title XX of the Social Security Act), and funding from the State of Missouri.
1. Home-bound as a result of physical or mental disability. Must provide proof of disability.
2. Seniors at least 60 years of age, or the spouse of a home-bound senior.
3. Disabled persons 18-59 years of age.
4. St. Louis City resident.
1. Someone must be home to receive your meal. Meals will not be left unattended.
2. There is an expected contribution of $2.50 per meal, $12.50 per week to help offset our program expenses.
1. Call SLAAA (St. Louis Area Agency on Aging) at (314) 612-5918.
2. A representative will answer and ask you a series of questions, or leave a message and someone will call you back.
3. If you are approved, a member of our staff will call and let you know when your meal delivery will begin.
1. City Seniors Inc. will deliver a nutritionally balanced lunch, planned by a registered dietician to your front door, Monday - Friday.
2. Deliver time is between 10:30 am and 12:30 pm.
3. A friendly smile and a quick chat from a person who has been screened for elder abuse, sexual abuse, and has undergone a criminal background check.
4. Emergency meals are delivered periodically for use when inclement weather prohibits delivery of your regular meal.
5. Persons identified as being at "nutritional risk" are seen by a registered dietitian, and receive a complete nutritional assessment and counseling.
6. Nutrition education information provided by the SLAAA (St. Louis Area on Aging) dietitian.